28 March 2010

This is the end...

Some of you may know me from my other blog The Art of Throwing Stones. Recently, I've decided to dramatically change the way in which I approach food, so of course I started blogging about it. However, that blog was never meant to be food centric so I decided to start another one just for my rants. A place to include more recipes, links to articles and other blogs, information, and anything else I think is important or that you would like to know more about.

I should open by saying that I am not a nutritionist or a doctor. I am just a girl who wants to know more and feel better.

I grew up, as many of us did, in a meat centric household. I was a very active kid with a high metabolism and it was never a problem. However, I never stopped to think about where my food came from. My sister became vegetarian many years ago and I totally respected her for it even though it was often hard for her (socially, etc). Now, I'm almost 30 and I don't feel or look great. It's all downhill from here, so they say, so I need to take charge now!

My plan for the next month is to live a more vegetarian lifestyle. Unfortunately (fortunately?), I love meat- a good NY strip steak with shallots, BBQ chicken, turkey on Thanksgiving- yum! My goal is:

* To whittle my meat consumption from 7-10 times a week to 2-3 times.
* To only eat responsibly raised, organic meat, fish, and eggs from now on as well.
* Eat more organic produce and as much as I can muster.
* To feel better about myself inside and out. Losing a couple pounds through simple dietary changes sounds like a plan!
This is to serve as my journal and progress report. I would love to hear from you- recipes, thoughts, your own story, anything!

No comments: