08 April 2010

Tofutti Cutie! Why thank you!

On the recommedation of my lovely sister, I bought a box of Tofutti Cutie ice cream sandwiches. Here is what happened:
After a delicious lunch of mesquite turkey, avocado, roasted red pepper, cucumber, onions, vinegar, oregano, all on a toasted wheat bun (I love a good sandwich); I decided to finally break into the Tofutti Cuties. They had been burning a hole in my freezer for days.
They're so cute! I was worried about the size, being used to the monster cakes of other brands, but it turned out to be just right.
I can't believe I could stop eating it long enough to take another picture. (I apologize for the quality, my phone is not very snazzy). I have to say, I like these better than milk based ice cream sandwiches. I'm sorry Blue Bell, you'll always be in my heart, but these are amazing! They have a slight coffee flavor from them, which I attribute to the chocolate. They have a few more calories than the closest milk-based competitor (130 vs 110), however they are completely vegan, with no trans fat, cholesterol, and low in sugar.

All of their products are vegetarian and most are vegan . They are certified Kosher Pavre (being not meat or dairy) and all dairy free. The other great thing is you can buy them at major chain groceries, not just your local health food store. Double yea!

Have you tried Tofutti Cuties? What did you think? Let me know!

Also, if you are not yet following this blog, I hope you will do so today. If you are, I hope you will recommend it to your friends and contribute to the discussion. Thanks!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love tofutti cuties!! however I gotta slow myself down when I eat 'em lol..I feel like since there not full of junk like other manufactured icecreams it don't matter how many I eat.lol toffutis is tha best